Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Being a comma

Disclosure: I bought the latest Coldplay album last weekend and haven't been able to stop playing it yet. Thankfully (for the husband's sake), I only really play it while I'm in the car and he's not usually with me.

There's this one lyric that just keeps playing over and over in my head and I'm not quite sure why but it's something that I've been mulling over the past few days.

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"



I never really thought about it too much when I first heard the song, but it's latched onto my cortex and won't let go. I guess the question that it raises is, what exactly does it mean to be a comma instead of a full stop?

Other than the huge life changes that went on last year for me, I'm planning a few more this year. I've been working at an amazing facility where I teach therapeutic riding and I love it so much that I'm working on my certification. It's not really a change, but it's moving me into a different career path than where I am currently.

So, back to my original question. What does it mean to be a comma instead of a full stop? I interpret it as being more in the moment and moving with the flow of life instead of trying to cling to things and force them to work the way you want them to.

Here's to living in the moment in 2012.

No comments: