Monday, February 23, 2009

Who says procrastinating isn't useful?

This past weekend, instead of "lazing about" (read: cramming in as much school work as humanly possible into 48 hours) I decided that I should go get educated on social media, so I went to PodCamp Toronto 2009.

I can't really describe everything that went down at PodCamp, suffice to say I learned a lot about the technical aspects of making a video from Geo Perdis, how to use social media for non-profits from John Sheridan, and what's new and upcoming in Canadian social media from Sean Moffitt.

I ended up taking a lot of notes, learning a lot about how to integrate social media with my (starting soon!) job as a communications officer, and even networking a little bit. Not to mention I had an awesome chicken souvlaki pita for lunch at Mutual Street Deli.

I'm looking forward to see what next year brings. Hopefully I'll be good enough that I might have some input to give instead of mainly taking.


Image courtesy of LexnGer; Roast beef sandwich from Mutual Street Deli.

No comments: