Monday, September 15, 2008

Inspiration behind the URL

So a few people have asked me as to what the URL of my blog means. In return, I asked them what they thought I meant. So far I've gotten some interesting responses.

"elusive"
"desertification"
"loss of resources"
"time"

Personally, I was thinking along the lines of elusive. There's an image that pops into my head when I hear the phrase "a fistful of sand." I think of a child on the beach wanting to hold onto the moment for as long as possible, so they pick up a fistful of sand. The thing is, the harder they try to hold onto that fistful, the faster it slips away. To me, politics is a lot like that fistful of sand. The harder a person tries to hold onto the power that they've gained, the faster it slips away. Hence, "fists full of sand."

No comments: